Embutido is one of the best ideas to start a food business. It can catch the taste of the customers that will surely leads to a great business.
Things needed in making embutido :
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 12 pcs vienna sausage or 6 pcs hotdogs, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 pcs hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 pcs raw eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs (made by placing 4 slices of tasty bread in a food processor. If not using
- any food processor, just tear the bread.)
- Large container
- Aluminium foil
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
1. Place the ground pork in a large container
2. Add the bread crumbs then break the raw eggs and add it in. Mix well
3. Put-in the carrots, bell pepper (red and green), onion, pickle relish, and cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly
4. Add the raisins, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper then mix well.
5. Place the meat mixture in an aluminium foil and flatten it. (see video for guidance)
6. Put in the sliced Vienna sausage and sliced boiled eggs alternately on the middle of the flat meat mixture.
7. Roll the foil to form a cylinder locking the sausage and egg in the middle if the meat mixture. Once done, lock the edges of the foil.
8. Place in a steamer and let cook for 1 hour.
9. Place inside the refrigerator until temperature turns cold
10. And finally you can serve it and sell it.
It can be served not only for occasions but also for everyday meal.
Sell Embutido for only php 25.oo each.
You might want to check this out: