They’re mesmerizing, colorful, and make any room look retro. This homemade version won’t look exactly like the one in the store, but, then again, use your imagination and creative skills to make a craft that people will surely love.
What You Need:
- Empty and clean 16 oz. plastic/glass bottle
- Soda bottle cap
- Vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- A large Alka-Seltzer tablet
- Flashlight (optional)
What You Do:
|Homemade Lava Lamp|
2. Cut the Alka-Seltzer into 8 pieces. Drop one of the tiny pieces into the oil and water mixture. The mixture will start to bubble.
3. Wait until the bubbling stops and add another piece of Alka-Seltzer. Continue until there is no more Alka-Seltzer, and the bubbling has completely stopped.
4. Screw on the cap of the soda bottle. Tip the bottle back and forth and watch the wave appear.
The reason this homemade lava lamp works is because the tiny droplets of liquid join together to make one big lava like blob. Place a flashlight with a bright beam under the bottle to illuminate the bubbles for maximum visual effect.
- Use a bottle with unique features to add the creative look and feel of the lamp.
- Add some ribbon or other creative materials to add it's value.
Not just this home made lava lamp is a good business this is also a nice gift for any occasion. Remember it's no need to use expensive materials, just use your imagination to make the end product valuable.
|Lava Lamp Using Vodka Bottle|
|Green Lava Lamp|
You might want to check this out: